- President Donald Trump’s $4.4 trillion budget, unveiled today, would lead to more than $7 million in deficits over the next year due to large increases in military spending. Party of smaller government!
- The official portraits of former President Barack Obama and wife Michelle Obama were unveiled today. That’s an awful lot of shrubbery there.
- The former commander of the Milwaukee County Jail and two staffers have been charged with felony misconduct over the dehydration death of an inmate last year.
- A suspicious substance was mailed to the home of Donald Trump Jr. Three people there (including Trump Jr.’s wife, Vanessa) were taken to the hospital as a precaution, but the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous.
- The Department of Education says they will not deal with complaints by transgender students about controls over which facilities they’re permitted to use by school district. The Department of Justice last year said they were reversing course on guidance here and kicking the matter back down to states to decide.
- No, there is not a murder wave targeting gay Americans. It’s fundraising via fearmongering, Walter Olson explains.
from Hit & Run http://ift.tt/2EVhPKB