Lifestyles Of The Mega-Rich & Fearful: Inside The Luxury Apocalypse Bunker
Fri, 07/10/2020 – 23:25
When it comes to doomsday bunkers – we might have found the ‘Cadillac’ of underground shelters for the superrich to ride out the virus pandemic and social-economic implosion of America.
It’s called the Survival Condo, buried 200 feet underground in the middle of rural Kansas, several hundred miles from Kansas City, is a newly outfitted Cold War nuclear silo that houses underground condos that can survive a 12-kiloton nuclear warhead.
Condos start at $1 million, plus an extra $2,500 per month condo fee to cover expenses in the bunker, such as food, ammo, electricity, and internet connectivity.
CNET spoke with Larry Hall, the owner of the Survival Condo, who said the bunker is 15 floors and buried 200 feet underground.
“Beneath the dome, the cylindrical silo houses a further 14 floors — the top three floors are where you’ll find the mechanical rooms, medical facilities and a food store (complete with a full hydroponics and aquaculture setup), followed beneath by seven levels of residential condos. At the bottom, the final four floors house the classroom and library, a cinema and bar, and a workout room (with a sauna),” CNET said.
Survival Condo’s website lists the facilities top features:
- Elevator & Stairwell Access throughout the facility.
- Over 20,000 square foot of floor space in the monolithic dome.
- Redundant electric sources.
- Redundant water supply with minimum of 75,000 gallon reserve tanks.
- Redundant air filtration including Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) filtration.
- Organic hydroponic and aquaculture food production.
- General Store.
- Indoor Pool & Spa, and a complete workout facility.
- Custom theater.
- Custom Bar & Lounge.
- Library & Classroom.
- Command & Control Center.
- Medical First Aid Center.
- Communication Center complete with on-site Internet subset access.
- Digital weather station.
The facility has a maximum occupancy of 75 people that can survive for about five years. Here are some of the condo features:
- Full-Floor layout is approximately 1,820 square feet of living space.
- Half-Floor layout is approximately 900 square feet of living space.
- Maximum occupancy for full & half floor layouts are 10 and 5 respectively.
- Full kitchens with High-end stainless appliances.
- Full Spectrum LED lighting throughout.
- Kohler fixtures throughout.
- 50-inch LED TV and home automation system with remote off-site access.
- Biometric Keyless access.
- Each unit is fully furnished and professionally decorated.
- Each unit comes with a five-year food reserve per person.
- Washer and dryer in each unit.
There’s also a shooting range and pool to keep occupants trained for the apocalypse.
The smallest unit costs around $1 million, with the largest about $3 million. Condos are predominantly owned by wealthy elites:
“All of our people are self-made millionaires,” Hall said. “They’re very successful: doctors, engineers, lawyers, international business people… almost all of them have children. And they’re concerned about the ‘what if’ scenario.”
Video: Inside the doomsday bunker
Somewhere in rural Kansas – millionaires have a luxury bunker where they can ride out the socio-economic implosion of America. Can even withstand a nuclear blast if the president decides to go to war with China. After all, President Trump didn’t spend trillions of dollars on the military to look at shiny new hypersonic missiles and fifth-generation fighters at future parades in Washington, D.C. The rich are preparing for the end game – the world has already entered a period of chaos that could persist through the 2020s.
via ZeroHedge News https://ift.tt/2ZjCi7P Tyler Durden