Moments ago, AAPL beat the top and bottom line as follows:
- Q4 EPS of $8.26, Est. $7.92
- Q4 Revenues of $37.5 billion, Est. $36.84
- Q4 gross Margin: 37.0% vs Est. 36.9%
- See Q1 revenue $55-58 billion, on expectations 55.5 billion
- iPhone sales 33.8 million vs Est. 32.8 million
- Mac Units shipped 4.6 million vs Est. 4.3 million
That was the good news: the bad is as follows:
- IPad sales of 14.1 million missed estimates of 14.3 million
- Q1 margin between 36.5-37.5%, below the street estimate of 37.74%, which is what according to some is pushing the stock lower after hours
Welcome to the commodity world: after all this is what AAPL wanted with the 5C right?
The breakdown of the components – Margins:
And sales by product:
And the after hours action: first pump, then dump.
via Zero Hedge http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/zerohedge/feed/~3/S2v58tOBTN0/story01.htm Tyler Durden