initial public offering today is a far cry from Facebook’s
first-day disaster. It initially offered stocks at $26 a share, but
its first trade came in at more than $45 a share.
- Wondering why telecom companies aren’t objecting to handing
over data to the feds? Money, of course. The CIA is paying AT&T
$10 million a year for their assistance.
- 250,000 Colorado residents will
lose their current insurance coverage thanks to Obamacare.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford continues his public transformation
character into a Saturday Night Live character with a
hilarious but also angry and violent rant that was secretly
recorded and recently distributed.
- Fearing (probably correctly) that New York City’s new mayor
will drop the appeals against the implementation of stop-and-frisk
police unions are asking permission to intervene and keep the
- Iranian officials say they’re being offered some relief from
crippling sanctions from Europe and America for their
cooperation with efforts to scale back the country’s nuclear
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7
content widgets for your
from Hit & Run http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/07/twitter-sings-happy-song-with-ipo-teleco