- The House of Representatives voted 273 to
156 in favor of arming rebels in
Syria, as part of President Obama’s proposed efforts against
the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), once just another rebel
group in Syria but now a self-proclaimed caliphate. The foreign
Iran, meanwhile, says air strikes alone won’t defeat ISIS,
while Iran’s president,
Hassan Rouhani, called the American-led coalition “ridiculous.”
Australia say they foiled a plot by ISIS supporters to behead
people in Australia and video tape the acts.
- Even if it were faced with a search warrant,
Apple says encryption in its latest mobile operating system,
iOS 8, won’t allow the company to bypass users’ passwords.
- Police in Phoenix arrested Arizona Cardinals running back
Jonathan Dwyer on aggravated assault charges connected to two
alleged domestic altercations, involving a 27-year-old woman and an
- Joe Biden becomes at least the third potential Democrat
presidential candidate to visit
Iowa this month.
- Toronto Mayor
Rob Ford has been diagnosed with cancer. Nothing funny about
- A non-binding decision by the International Whaling Commission
to extend a moratorium on scientific whaling by
Japan won’t affect the country’s 2015 culling plans.
from Hit & Run http://ift.tt/1tn9Kna