- In perhaps an unexpected consequence of Justice Antonin Scalia’s passing, Justice Clarence Thomas shocked observers by actually asking questions during an oral argument today. He is famously quiet and has not asked a question during oral hearings in 10 years.
- The Supreme Court declined to get involved in the fight between New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the state’s public unions over the governor’s decision to skip a massive payment into the state’s pension funds.
- Going into Super Tuesday tomorrow, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are dominating the polls for their parties.
- A Navy SEAL who helped rescue an American hostage in Afghanistan received a Medal of Honor today at a White House ceremony.
- The mayor of Philadelphia wants a tax on sugary drinks to help pay for universal pre-kindergarten and for a green jobs plan.
- Company SodaStream has had to lay off a ton of Palestinian workers, its chief executive officer says, because it has been the target of an international boycott against businesses with ties to Israel.
- Japan has indicted three power company executives for negligence for their roles in the Fukushima nuclear power plant meltdown in 2011.
- A nanny in Moscow was arrested after apparently waving around the head of a 4-year-old girl near a subway entrance and yelling that she’s a terrorist.
from Hit & Run http://ift.tt/24xwH9m