Thanks to all who have subscribed. If you haven’t subscribed yet, go see what you’re missing. It only takes a minute and is absolutely free.
“Subscribers,” explains YouTube,
are critical to your success on YouTube because they tend to spend more time watching your channel than viewers who are not subscribed. And on YouTube, strong watch time is critical. Channels and videos with higher watch time are more likely to turn up in search results and recommendations. So it’s important to build a subscriber base who love your channel and keep coming back for more.
For users, the main benefit of subscribing is that you can opt in to receive notifications whenever we release a new video. You’ll never miss another documentary, interview, Stossel on Reason video, Mostly Weekly episode, Soho Forum debate, or Remy parody again.
Some perspective on our audience:
- Reason TV has more YouTube subscribers than the cities of Cincinnati, Buffalo, and Little Rock have residents. (We also have less debt.)
- More people (2.8 million) have seen our most-watched YouTube video than live in Chicago (2.7 million).
- Reason TV has been a finalist for two National Magazine Awards, once for best video (“UPS vs. Fedex: Ultimate Whiteboard Remix“) and once for multimedia package (Reason Saves Cleveland with Drew Carey).
- In December, Reason TV’s YouTube channel passed the 100-million-view mark.
- Between our YouTube channel and Facebook page (like us!), Reason TV videos pull over 4 million views per month. And that’s only counting “full” views, ones that are 30 seconds or longer.
- Reason TV barely has enough full-time staff to field a football or soccer team, and don’t even get me started on 43-Man Squamish.
Reason‘s journalism is published by the libertarian nonprofit Reason Foundation. We’re supported by generous readers, viewers, and listeners who believe that “Free Minds and Free Markets” will create a more peaceful, innovative, and fairer world in which individuals and the communities they form will be able to live rich, fulfilling lives. As Reason celebrates its 50th year, it’s humbling—and inspiring—to measure how much our audience and our offerings have grown since 1968, when we were just an irregularly published magazine read by a few hundred people. Across our video, web, print, and podcast platforms, we stand ready, willing, and excited to keep bringing you the very best content about libertarian politics, culture, and ideas. To make a tax-deductible donation to Reason, go here.
Related: “You Won’t Believe This Border Patrol Checkpoint Refusal Video,” originally published April 1, 2014. With 1.3 million views, this is our most-watched comedy video, produced by Austin Bragg and Meredith Bragg.
from Hit & Run http://ift.tt/2FOdmfD