- One person is dead after an Amtrak train chartered to carry Republican senators and congressmen to a retreat collided with a truck in Virginia.
- Federal prosecutors are dropping the corruption case against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) after failing to secure a conviction at trial.
- The director of the Centers for Disease Control, Brenda Fitzgerald, resigned in the wake of a report she had purchased tobacco stock after taking the position.
- Reps. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and Bob Brady (D-Pa.) are the latest members of the House to announce they won’t be seeking re-election.
- The FBI said it had “grave concerns” about the potential release of a Republican memo alleging abuse of surveillance power by… the FBI.
- The government of Australia sold off a locked filing cabinet that contained hundreds of secret documents to a secondhand store.
- A killer whale named
is the first to mimic human speech.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily updates for more content.
from Hit & Run http://ift.tt/2Et81ra